Position: Estimator – Commercial & Temporary (Rental) Fence Division
- Full-time work
Smith Fence is looking for a full-time Estimator to work in the Temporary & Commercial Fence Division to increase the output of quotes across the state of Florida at our headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. SFC provides a competitive salary package based on experience which also includes company benefits. This individual will be trained and work hand in hand with the Sales & Operations Team.
Smith Fence is a third-generation family business that has been in successful operations for over 45 years. We have 3 offices throughout the State of Florida and have performed work throughout the U.S., Canada, Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. Our business is comprised of a commercial fence division, temporary/rental fencing, gate automation, and motorsport safety division. We have many employees who have worked for the company for more than 15 years. We are experts in our line of work, and always remember to put family before fence!
Education & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Estimating experience in Construction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Utilizing a smartphone, and can learn and utilize Smith Fence software systems
- Blue Beam, or various estimating software programs for take offs to prepare take offs/estimates
- Ability to read blueprint construction drawings and specifications
- Outstanding and professional oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and is detail-oriented
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- What is most important is a hard-working individual, who possesses leadership attributes, and is trainable!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and Quote a high volume of ITB’s (invitation to bid)
- Contact customers to go through any applicable questions in regard to the project needs
- Prepare estimates for customers
- Touch base and follow up with customers to close on quoted opportunities
- Review new installations with Field Operations Team
- Call in underground locates
- Great health insurance coverage options
- Smith Fence pays 50% of employee premium
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation days
- 401k benefits with company match
- Employee discounts
- Life insurance
**More details can be provided during the interview process**
Great people, & great working environment!!!
Must pass drug test, background check, and have adequate driving record and be approved by company insurance